Welcome to yet another recipe-making tip. Today’s delicious and healthy recipe is the Sakara donut recipe! These donuts are made with wholesome ingredients such as almond flour and coconut sugar, making them a guilt-free treat that can be enjoyed any time of the day.
Sakara donut recipe
The recipe is inspired by the popular wellness brand Sakara, known for its plant-based and clean-eating approach to food. These donuts are perfect for breakfast, snacks, or as a dessert option that won’t leave you feeling weighed down.
They are vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free, making them suitable for a variety of dietary restrictions. Get ready to enjoy a tasty and nutritious treat with our Sakara donut recipe!
Why Sakara Donut Recipe Is Good
The Sakara donut recipe is good for a variety of reasons:
These donuts are made with almond flour, coconut sugar, and other wholesome ingredients, that are healthier than traditional donut ingredients like white flour and processed sugar. This makes them a more nutritious alternative to traditional donuts.
Vegan and gluten-free:
These donuts are vegan, meaning they do not contain any animal products, and gluten-free, which makes them suitable for those with celiac disease or gluten sensitivities.
These donuts are made with coconut sugar instead of refined white sugar, which is less processed and has a lower glycemic index, making it a healthier alternative.
These donuts are made with plant-based ingredients, making them suitable for those following a plant-based diet.
Good for any time of day:
These donuts are a versatile treat, perfect for breakfast, snacks, or as a dessert option that won’t leave you feeling weighed down, making them a great option for any time of the day.
Despite being made with healthier ingredients, these donuts are still delicious and are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth without compromising your health.
sakara donut recipe
- 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons water). Oil for frying (such as coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon (if using).
- In a separate bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, non-dairy milk, vanilla extract, and flax egg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.Roll the dough into small balls and press down to flatten them into a donut shape.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Once hot, carefully add the donuts to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove the donuts from the pan and drain on a paper towel.
Sakara donut recipe cooking instructions:
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully add the donuts to the pan.
- Cook the donuts for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Use tongs or a slotted spoon to remove the donuts from the pan and place them on a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Optional: dust the donuts with powdered sugar or drizzle with maple syrup or melted vegan chocolate, or roll in crushed nuts.
- Serve and enjoy while they are still warm.
- Note: Keep an eye on the donuts while they are frying to make sure they are not burning. Adjust the heat if needed. Also be careful while frying, oil can be hot and cause burns.
Sakara donut recipe Serving and Storage
Serve the donuts while they are still warm.
Dust them with powdered sugar or drizzle them with maple syrup or melted vegan chocolate, or roll in crushed nuts for extra flavor and texture.
The donuts can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
You can also freeze the donuts for up to 1 month. To thaw, simply leave them at room temperature for a few hours or place them in the refrigerator overnight.
If you want to reheat the donuts, you can do so in the oven or toaster oven at 350°F for a few minutes, or in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds.
Note: These donuts are best enjoyed fresh, as they may lose their texture and become dry if stored for too long.
More Helpful Resources
Broccoli and chicken stir-fry recipe
Barefoot Contessa Zucchini Bread Recipe
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use a different type of flour?
While this recipe calls for almond and coconut flour, you may be able to use other types of flour such as oat flour or whole wheat flour, but the texture and taste may vary.
Can I use a different sweetener?
You can use honey or maple syrup instead of coconut sugar, but keep in mind that the taste will be different and the recipe will no longer be vegan.
Can I make these donuts gluten-free?
Yes, you can use gluten-free flour instead of almond and coconut flour to make these donuts gluten-free.
Can I use a different oil for frying?
You can use any type of oil that has a high smoke point for frying such as vegetable oil, avocado oil, or grapeseed oil, but the taste may vary.
Can I bake these donuts instead of frying them?
Yes, you can bake the donuts at 350°F for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, but the texture may be different than fried donuts.
Can I make these donuts in advance?
You can make the dough in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before shaping and frying the donuts.
Can I add any other flavors or ingredients to the donuts?
Yes, you can add other ingredients such as chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruits, or spices like nutmeg or ginger to the dough for added flavor and texture.
The Sakara donut recipe is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional donuts. Made with almond and coconut flour, coconut sugar, and a variety of healthy ingredients, these donuts are vegan, gluten-free, and full of flavor. The recipe is easy to follow and can be customized to suit your preferences.
Whether you choose to dust them with powdered sugar, drizzle with maple syrup, or roll them in crushed nuts, these donuts are sure to please. With the ability to make the dough in advance and store it for a few days, you can enjoy a healthy and satisfying treat whenever the craving strikes.
Give this recipe a try and discover for yourself the deliciousness of a healthy donut.
Leave a Reply